Re: [Xen-users] Network based storage - NBD/AoE/iSCSI other?

> That article is 18 months old.
>
> That is their older box, which had 10 drives, 10 100Mb ethernet
> cards
> and
> no built-in RAID functionality.

Ten 100Mb ethernet cards should get you far more than 24MB/s reads.
Even if your ATA disks are so slow as to only push 5 or 6 MB/s, you
should thus be able to pull down 50 or 60MB/s.

> It is completely and totally irrelevant in this discussion

Easy, killer.

Anyway, my point was not to slam Coraid's boxes, but to point out that
you can build your own AoE targets and likely do better than their
hardware can -- 100mbit hardware or not.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer