Re: [Xen-users] Ipcop...

Hi.

On Monday 02 October 2006 21:59, Alex wrote:
>       I'm a newbe in Xen and I would to know if someone was able to
> install ipcop on xen...is there any howto or similar to setup
> this...unfortunately all tutorial/howto that I found in Internet was in
> Germany...can someone help me to setup ipcop on xen 3??

I may stand to be corrected here, I do not believe IPCop will run
"paravirtualized" under Xen 3.  I seem to recall that it has something to do
with Xen 3 not being able to compile a 2.4 kernel properly and/or a Xen 3 2.6
kernel host not being able to run a 2.4 kernel, even if it is patched with
the Xen hooks.

It is/was possible under Xen 2.

If you are running on a VT-enabled Intel or AMD chip, I believe it would be
possible to run IPCop unmodified.

I don't have a VT-enabled chip, so I am running  my domains "paravirtualized",
but I would love to be running IPCop as my firewall.  Guess I may have to
wait until I either get a VT-enabled chip or IPCop releases their next major
release, which is supposed to run a 2.6 kernel :-)

-Alan