RE: [Xen-users] Ipcop...

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Alex" <magobin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:26:57 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:29:13 -0700

> I may stand to be corrected here, I do not believe IPCop will
> run "paravirtualized" under Xen 3.  I seem to recall that it
> has something to do with Xen 3 not being able to compile a
> 2.4 kernel properly and/or a Xen 3 2.6 kernel host not being
> able to run a 2.4 kernel, even if it is patched with the Xen hooks.
>
> It is/was possible under Xen 2.
>
> If you are running on a VT-enabled Intel or AMD chip, I
> believe it would be possible to run IPCop unmodified.
>
> I don't have a VT-enabled chip, so I am running  my domains
> "paravirtualized", but I would love to be running IPCop as my
> firewall.  Guess I may have to wait until I either get a
> VT-enabled chip or IPCop releases their next major release,
> which is supposed to run a 2.6 kernel :-)

Unfortunately my pc for this test seems doesn't have VT support (amd sempron
3000+)
So...at this moment it seems that I don't have any chance to setup Ipcop on
xen 3
This is a problem because even if ipcop releases a 2.6 version...we have to
wait that many addons support that release..

:-(

Alex