Re: [Xen-users] Specify domain ID?

> On 10/4/06, msmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <msmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My only true reason for wanting a static domain ID is when I have to
>> connect to a domain via VNC -- the display number is the domain ID. If I
>> reboot, power off, etc. I have to SSH in and look at what the new domain
>> ID is so I can use VNC.
>
> Using VNC for HVM Domains? Isn't that shaky anyway, and better solved
> by running a vnc server on the machine you want login to itself? Then
> you could just use the hostname.

Its actually not too bad; the mouse doesn't work quite right in Windows
and the resolution is strange on a text console. Yes, it does work better
using VNC installed in the guest OS. Yet, its nice to be able to jump into
a "physical console" of a VM if VNC/RDP/SSH/whatever isn't working. I am
coming from VMware ESX, so there are a few creature comforts I'm trying to
regain with Xen. =)

Thanks for your help.

--Marc