Re: [Xen-users] irq issues ("nobody cared")

Michael Kress wrote:
Hello,

I'm having trouble during high IO activities:
Oct  8 10:38:51 matrix kernel: irq 16: nobody cared (try booting with
the "irqpoll" option)

It probably happens even under no-load situations. Seems to be an issue between newer Motherboards / BIOSs and 2.6.16 / 2.6.17 kernels.

I see this message on my nForce 590 system (Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard) as well. Usually an "IRQ7 nobody cared" message under Gentoo 2.6.17. Rumored to be fixed by a newer developer-only BIOS for this particular board, or possibly fixed in 2.6.18. But since it doesn't seem to affect anything, it's merely a minor annoyance. Xen 3.0.2 also had a terrible time running on this particular system, so it's still running a Gentoo 2.6.17 kernel.

It's probably not Xen-specific for your motherboard and installing another Linux kernel will show the same message. (Until you either upgrade to a newer Linux kernel or you upgrade to a BIOS that plays nicer with Linux.) I am a bit surprised that you don't see it with your distro's stock kernel.