Re: [Xen-users] 3.0.2 seems not to create bridge

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Harm Weites wrote:

Here's the problem: the bridge scripts doesnt seem te be executed. When i create a DomU without a vif line all is fine, except that i havent got networking. When i enable the vif line its stalls and eventually fails and says it cant connect vifsomething. Looking up some info with ifconfig/brctl tells me much more: I dont have peth0 and brctl show nothing, eg. there is NO bridge created.

first, try to install the 'ip' program; apt-get install iprouting or ip-routeing or something like that. If that doesn't fix it, look in /var/log/xend.log- it should tell you what you are missing.

also verify you have the (network-script network-bridge) line in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp