Re: [Xen-users] 3.0.2 seems not to create bridge

Harm Weites wrote:
hi list members,
I have been busy with this problem since yesterday and im really stuck now.
The Dom0 is a clean Debian Etch install (yeah, the upcoming stable release). I use linux-image-2.6.16-2-xen-686 with xen-hypervisor-3.0.2 It all boots ok and i have created two filebased debian images to start as DomU.

Here's the problem: the bridge scripts doesnt seem te be executed. When i create a DomU without a vif line all is fine, except that i havent got networking. When i enable the vif line its stalls and eventually fails and says it cant connect vifsomething. Looking up some info with ifconfig/brctl tells me much more: I dont have peth0 and brctl show nothing, eg. there is NO bridge created.

I have been working with Xen on another host (sarge+xen from backports) and that worked perfectly. Its just due to the hardware i have to use Etch.

Have a look at /usr/share/doc/xen-hypervisor-3.0.2/README.Debian
By default xen on etch makes no changes to the network configuration. You can easily add your bridge in /etc/network/interfaces.

Regards,
Bjoern