RE: [Xen-users] Compile error 3.0.3 - vnc.c auf Debian Sarge

[snip a huge bunch of error messages]
> Now there are 2 questions:
> 1) The system is a Celeron 700 - so I don't need the HVM
> things including
> vnc and sdl. Is there a way to disable these options?

Correct, you don't need them. I don't think there's any simple way to
remove them tho'. (You could of coruse just remove the relevant section
in the makefile in ${xenroot}/tools and it won't try to build those
bits.

> 2) Why do I get this compile error? Looks like he can't find
> "X11/keysymdef.h" - but even a "locate X11" didn't show the files... I
> wonder why they are required by now - and not optional any
> more like they
> were with 3.0.2 :(

You need to install xorg-x11-devel or some such package (which probably
also means that you need to instal three or more other packages to make
that install... :-( )

Hmm. If it takes 8 hours to compile, maybe you should consider getting a
faster machine. It takes my machine roughly an hour to build all the
necessary bits for a Xen installation - and that includes the time it
takes to download the linux kernel source...

--
Mats