[Xen-users] Does nosmp option affect performance if Xen is built with SMP.

Hi,

I originally built Xen on a SMP platform. Later I need to run some testing on Uni-Processor platform. So I append nosmp to Xen boot options. Now Xen can boot into a Uni-Processor mode. After doing some I/O performance benchmarking, I really doubt if there is performance impact by adding nosmp and force a SMP version of Xen to a UP version. Is it better to use Xen which is built on a native Uni-Processor platform instead of using nosmp to a SMP Xen version?

Thanks,

Liang