Re: [Xen-users] Q: CPU usage in Dom0

> > I think you can vcpu-pin VCPUs to logical processors if you want to do
> > the mapping manually (e.g. you want stricter performance partitioning
> > at the expense of not using as many available cycles on all CPUs as
> > possible).
>
> Do You know if pinning can be accomplished in boot time? I didn't see
> that in xmdomain.cfg(5).

Looking at the code (tools/python/xen/xm/create.py) I think the correct
argument is a list of logical CPUs (i.e. cores, or hyperthreads if you have
them) that the domain's vCPUs should run on, e.g.:

cpus = ['0', '1']

To run the vCPUs on logical processors 0 and 1.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!