[Xen-users] root device error on gentoo

Hi :)

I am trying to install xen 3.0.3 from sources on a amd64 machine running gentoo and I get this error:

>> Activating mdev
>> Determining root device
!! Block device /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device...
!! The root block device is unspecified or not deteceted.

I am pretty sure that I have included all the necessary scsi and sata support in the kernel but I can't get rid of this error. The chipset is a VIA K8M890CE. I have generated a initrd using genkernel and then I gzipped it since mkinitrd seems to create a corrupted file.

Initially I compiled the kernels manually but I also tried this (with the same results):

I compiled the xen0 and xenU kernels using
make KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6.xenU" world
make KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU" install

and then

make linux-2.6-xen-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
make linux-2.6-xen-build
make linux-2.6-xen-install

This is my grub configuration:
title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
kernel /boot/xen-3.0.gz console=vga
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev /sda3 udev ro console=tty0
module /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.16.29-xen0.gz

Is this a problem with gentoo/xen or am I not compiling all the necesary drivers for my sata drive?
Thank you.
Cristian