RE: [Xen-users] SDL display of HVMs -- how?

  • To: "Hugo Mills" <hugo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:37:35 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:38:22 -0700

If you go to $(XEN_ROOT)/tools/ioemu and do "./configure" followed by
"make", then copy the resulting qemu-dm (in i386-dm directory) to the
/usr/lib{64}/xen/bin. Also after "./configure", do "grep -r CONFIG_SDL".
You should find it in target-i386-dm/config.h [or something like that].

I struggled since I rebuilt by build-machine, at first I didn't have the
right files installed, and then when I finally got everything in place,
I had vnc=1 also on the machine, and that didn't work out right.

Also, have a look at /var/log/xen/qemu-dm.<pid>.log (find the current
one with "ls -ltr /var/log/xen/qemu*" (the newest one is at the bottom.
[One can probably use "cat `ls -tr /var/log/xen/qemu*`" to show the
latest one, actually - but I haven't tried that].

--
Mats