Re: [Xen-users] howto maintain xm console across reboots?

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 11:33 +0000, John Hannfield wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Yeah I think it should be possible to fix it.
> The problem is the domain ID changes across reboots, but the domain
> name stays the same. Does anyone know where to look for this in the
> code?

somewhere in [xen]/tools/console and the python helper
[xen]/tools/misc/xencons

I think only xencons would need to be modified, I haven't really looked
at it much other than seeing where such a small mod would need to go.

Rather than send a patch upstream for it I was thinking about wrapping
xm console with a shell script to pick up the new dom ID and
re-establish the console once it exits, or complain if the guest failed
to come back.