[Xen-users] Cannot install guest domU operating system

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 22:43:02 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:00:02 -0800

I have two machines, a desktop with Athlon 64 X2 AM2 3800+ And Dell
Latitude with centrino 2 core duo 7600 processor. Both machines are
running Suse 10.1 and both machines have 2GB ram.

I have followed http://en.opensuse.org/Xen_Full_Virtualization_Example
and tried to install winxp on both systems with the same result, gets
about 23rd of the way through the driver intall, then lockup of the
mouse and keyboard.

Tried installing Suse 10.0 and 10.1 both paravirtualization and full
virtualization. Gets part way through the installation, then again
lockup. Tried a guest image from the Xen Live CD, it comes up and says
qemu hardist not recognized or some such thing as that.

I can run the Xen Live CD on the Athlon machine, but when I run it on
the dell, I get "/bin/sh: can't acess tty: job control turned off" which
I do not have a clue what this means or how to correct it. Someone must
though as the error message was put in the file.

Tried compiling the 3.0.3 version of Xen, that was a total disaster. So,
has anyone any ideas on why xen does not work on two machines that it is
supposed to work on or how I can get it to work?

Art