Re: [Xen-users] UnionFS and initramfs

I am having problems with the initrd/initramfs. I am not really sure of
what needs to be done inside the init script for a VM. Since I have
never used a ramdisk with a VM. And I have never created an
initrd/initramfs before ( aside from using the generic
mkinitrd/mkinitfamfs ). Meaning I have no idea how to implement this in
the init script.

I have placed all needed partitions in the Xen config something like:
<lvm volume with VM image> as hda ro
<lvm volume to contain the changes> as hdb w
<lvm volume that contains swap> as hdc w

I am not near the machine with the exact Xen config, but I can post it
in about 12 hours.

Inside the init script, do I need to leave all of the script that is
generated by the mkinitrd/mkinitramfs?

I have tried just modifying the section of the script where it
configures the root file system. I mount hda, hdb in directories in the
initrd, and then mount the union of the two to another directory in the
initrd. I then try and make the union directory the root filesystem.
Then it all dies, with a kernel panic 'trying to kill init'. I can post
the script later today as well. I just don't know enough about init
scripts to begin tracing my error =\

Thanks for the reply!