[Xen-users] Xen scheduler?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ott, Donna E" <donna.ott@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 01:14:29 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:02:58 -0800

I've been testing some applications with Xen.
I'm seeing something odd and wondering if it's a bug with a fix
somewhere.
Basically, if I'm running 3 or 4 domUs on my 2way server (2vcpu,
2virtualGB,real disks)
I find that the scheduler (using xm top) either runs amazingly evenly
dividing up the
Cpus well, or it starves one of the domUs to the point where its
processes time out while still balancing the others sweetly.
This seems pretty odd and I cannot seem to find a pattern to the
"starving" as it seems
To occur somewhat randomly.

Any hints ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks!