Re: [Xen-users] Xen networking problem

Hallo Christian,

> there you could find 'network-bridge', vif-bridge, network-nat and others.
> and inside /etc/xen/xen-config-sxp is defined wich kind of 'network-script'
> you use.

OK. I have enabled network-bridge and vif-bridge.  I have tried
network-nat but I don't know how to use it.

Were do I read about these different configurations?  Mosti (about all) of the
documentation I have seen so far was about bridging.

> If your using 'network-bridge
> try
> vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:10:BE:13', 'ip=192.168.1.200', 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
>
> your domU's nic should be attached to same bridge as eth0/peth0 of dom0 if
> you want bridged networking.

Thanks.  The addition of 'bridge=xenbr0' here brought about an
improvement.  Now I can ping Dom0 from DomU but not the other way round.

It might be a routing problem.  I have two network cards on dom0 and I
cannot see that at this stage xenbr0 plays any role in the routing table
on dom0.

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put
      confidence in man."    Psalms 118:8