RE: [Xen-users] understanding xm top

No, and it says that it's 99.8%, so what's wrong?

It's just that the total CPU-time spent in idle is four times 99.8% of
22:03:12.95, which I presume makes 3d 16:05:53.82 (I haven't calculated
it myself, but 22 * 4 = 88 hours, 3 * 24 = 72 + 16 -> 88 hours, so we're
not far off...

Uptime is simply the time that the machine has been running from the
time it started until now - which should not be multiplied by 4, as the
machine is only one machine. The amount of time that is idle for the
system is the amount of CPU-seconds (or whatever unit you prefer to use)
that the CPU is not doing something useful. Since you have 4 CPU's, it
will be four seconds of idle for evey second the entire system is idle.

It's still not higher than 100% of the available CPU-time, as that's
always going to be one second per CPU per second, if you see what I
mean...

Did this explain better, or are you still confused?

--
Mats