Re: [Xen-users] ifup fails on CentOS 4

Tim Post wrote:
Try a different IP if possible too, since the one you're fighting is
arp'ed to another mac.

Or, Find out what mac the ip you want is arp'ed to and clone it. Since
the device is no longer broadcasting the IP it shouldn't create much
turmoil unless you have an ad-hoc BGP4 config in place.

Unless you go through the trouble of setting up lots of smaller
vlans ... its just going to be a recurring typical issue. Under more
severe circumstances even Cisco has been known to bleed the mac layer in
between vlans (typical only on major VOIP setups) .. but you can see why
keeping them static [and unique] will save you some hair loss :)

Best,
-Tim
I've tried using a different IP and get the same results. Our network is already divided into VLANs as well.

At this point I'm thinking about writing my own version of the network init script and using that for my templates. I don't need half the stuff that Redhat puts in there any way. If I can find a copy of Redhat EL5 beta I'll see if that does the same thing when I run it as a guest.