[Xen-users] Re: VT not recognized on Intel Xeon 5130

Ralph Gauges wrote:
OK. Last mail hopefully.
Somehow I solved the problem or rather the problem solved itself and I don't really understand it.

I downloaded a processor identification tool from intel which confirmed that the processors do have the VT extension just to be sure. I also downloaded a live CD with 3.0.3 on it. Since the one from the Xen downloads always stopped downloading after 1M, I got a Xennopix DVD which also features Xen 3.0.3. I booted from the DVD and ran one of my configurations which had always failed so far and it worked. Next I rebooted into Debian on the Server again and started the same configuration and it suddenly also worked. I have absolutely no clue why this should be the case, but there it is. I have rebootet this machine at least 20 times today and tried to run the configuration at least 10 times and it failed each time telling me that VT was not available and all of a sudden it works without me changing anything. I guess I will just have to accept it and I am glad it works, but I really wish I could understand this.

Unfortunately thing which start working without reason often stop without reason again. I'm glad you have it going, though!

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc