Re: [Xen-users] will this CPU/Board combo work for xen HVM ?

Any AM2 board should work, there have been a few reports of Asus M2NPV-MX boards not working although I haven't had any issues with them.

Right now you cannot pass a PCI device to a HVM domU (not unless you can rewrite the driver that domU will be using!). This also means you cannot pass a USB device (other then mouse/keyboard/tablet) to domU either since you would need to pass the usb controller with it.

Good luck.

matt

nig@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, i am planning to by a new PC especially to run xen and windows in full hvm/svm mode.

Anyone willing to comment if this combo will work sucessfully:

MSI K9N Ultra-2F, Sockel AM2 NVIDIA Nforce570, ATX, PCIe or MSI K9N Platinum, Sockel AM2 NVIDIA Nforce570, ATX, PCIe and AMD Athlon64 3000+ AM2 "box" 512kB, Sockel AM2
I also plan to give the hvm domu access to pci device,
heard the rumor that this will not work at the moment, true ?

thanks
frank