RE: [Xen-users] Howto about how to install windows 2000 from a cd under Xen (linux ) - newbie

  • To: "Mark Ryden" <markryde@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:32:47 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:34:01 -0800

The following is my input to "xm create" for a Win2k3 installation (yes,
I was lazy and re-used the winxp config file, so some things reference
"winxp" instead of "win2k3" - you may want to search for "win" and
manually replace it with a suitable name).

You'll probably also need to replace the "phy:/dev/hdd,hdc:cdrom" with
whatever your physical CDROM drive happens to be in your system).

I don't know for sure that this works for win2k, but I would think so
(although there's something funny about Win2k and the speed of writing
to the screen during that first startup-phase that may not work in
AMD-systems).

> 2) My machine has Fedora Core 6, which has a virt-manager and
> xen kernel
> by deault.
> Can this be done with the virt-manager ?
> (BTW, I had succeeded installing a paravirtualized linux FC6
> with virt-manager
> on this machine).

Probably possible, but I've never tried.

--
Mats