Re: [Xen-users] Howto about how to install windows 2000 from a cd under Xen (linux ) - newbie

  • To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Mark Ryden" <markryde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:54:14 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:54:22 -0800

Mats,
Tnanks, this encourages me !

The following is my input to "xm create" for a Win2k3 installation (yes,
I was lazy and re-used the winxp config file, so some things reference
"winxp" instead of "win2k3" - you may want to search for "win" and
manually replace it with a suitable name).

It seems to me that the config file for winxp/win2k3 was somehow omitted from
your message; can you please send it ?

Regards,
Mark

On 12/4/06, Petersson, Mats <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

You'll probably also need to replace the "phy:/dev/hdd,hdc:cdrom" with
whatever your physical CDROM drive happens to be in your system).

I don't know for sure that this works for win2k, but I would think so
(although there's something funny about Win2k and the speed of writing
to the screen during that first startup-phase that may not work in
AMD-systems).

> 2) My machine has Fedora Core 6, which has a virt-manager and
> xen kernel
> by deault.
> Can this be done with the virt-manager ?
> (BTW, I had succeeded installing a paravirtualized linux FC6
> with virt-manager
> on this machine).

Probably possible, but I've never tried.

--
Mats