[Xen-users] conntrack not working as soon as network-bridge is renamed?

Hi -

Since I have upgraded from xen 3.0.2 to 3.0.3, I cannot get conntrack working on dom0 as soon as network-bridge is not named "xenbr0".

Conntrack and everything related to netfiler are build in the kernel (not as module).

Netfilter seems to work fine from any domU.

In xend-config.sxp I have the following:

(network-script 'network-bridge bridge=xenbrE')
(vif-script vif-bridge)
(dom0-min-mem 128)
(dom0-cpus 0)

I have a very basic firewall script setup on dom0:

iptables -F

iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

I have observed that:

- ping from dom0 to the rest of the world doesn't work: the icmp-reply frames are dropped somewhere...

- ssh from the rest of the world to the dom0 does not work.

But:

- if I add an "--icmp-type echo-reply" ACCEPT iptables rule, I can ping to anywhere from the dom0.

- if I remove "-m state --state NEW" from the SSH rule, then I can connect to the SSH server of the dom0.

- if I donnot rename xenbr0 into xenbrD in xend-config.sxp, then everything is working fine again. I wonder why this setup was OK with Xen 3.0.2 I have used for months before and not anymore with v3.0.3.

Any idea?

King regards,
--
Olivier Le Cam
Département des Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication