Re: [Xen-users] howto create a domU 2.4.18 kernel for xen 3.0.3

Are you shure you need that kernel?

I'm new to xen but for a test loaded everything from server running redhat 6.2.
Was running 2.2.22. Xen is running 2.6.18.
It's an old accounting system and want to reuse the hardware.

As I recall I copied everything into a lvm partition.
Fixed  up the fstab.
Changed ip as old server is still up.
Copied in the modules for the xen kernel.
A few error message but do not  think they matter.
Like it complains that /proc is already mounted.
Seems to work fine although my tests were not extensive.

John

Jeremy Caton wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a howto or documentation for creating a xen 3.0.3 domU for the linux 2.4 kernel (specifically 2.4.18)? My processor doesn't support full virtualization .... I am a developer and have a legacy app. designed for 2.4.18 that I need to continue supporting for bug fixes etc, but want to transition future development to the 2.6 kernel.

I would also appreciate a good description/documentation of how to go about patching my 2.4.18 kernel for xen domU (or where I can find a pre-made patch) or how to recompile my 2.4.18 kernel with xen domU support.

Many thanks in advance,
-Jeremy