Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD under Xen

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Albert Bachand wrote:
Doesn't 'make world' build the HyperVisor as well?
Also, does that error really mean that I need PAE? Is there a way to
run FreeBSD without PAE?

Yes, FreeBSD works fine without PAE;  just make sure you leave
options         PAE
out of your kernel config.

In fact, most freebsd installations I know about don't use PAE; usually they stick with 4G ram up until they are ready to switch to a 64-bit kernel.

Just make sure your hypervisor, dom0 and domU all have the same PAE status.