Re: [Xen-users] Why creating DomU failed (seems it is due to LVM)

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Christopher G. Stach II" <cgs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:46:56 -0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:47:01 -0800

Steven Dugway wrote:
> Well, maybe it is because I am not a kernel hacker?
>
> Looks like many people have had the same problem for months. It is not
> limited to FC5-6 or CentOS, looks like people with SUSE and Debian have
> many similar problems.

You don't have to know much about a kernel to get it to work.  Start
fresh with a very plain dom0.  Don't use an initrd for _anything_.
initrds are only good for dynamic kernel configuration on unknown
hardware setups (great for distros) and certain network booting
configurations.

--
Christopher G. Stach II