Re: [Xen-users] Cannot create guest domain

Zhang Binbin wrote:

> Please try this domUconfig:
>       kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen"
>       ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen.img"
>       memory = 128
>       name = "dom1"
>       vif = [ '' ]
>       disk = [ 'phy:sdc2,sdc1,w', 'phy:sdc3,sdc2,w' ]
>                                         ~~~~~               ~~~~
>
>       root = "/dev/sdc1 ro"
>       extra = "3"
> I don't know if anything conflicts with filesystem copied from Dom0
>
> Accordingly DomU /etc/fstab is like this:
> /dev/sdc1               /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
> devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/sdc2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
>
> Good luck~

Hi,

I've made it !
I'll give more details tomorow.

I had to compile it from source and create the 2 kernels (dom0 and
domU), followed the README to the letter and had to use a initrd and it
worked, I can boot both dom0 and domU from a jailtime image.

I hope this version has fixed the 4GB network data transmission limit in
domU.

++
> ======= 2006-12-12 14:32:34 you wrote:=======
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. I did have an error in my guest fstab file but when I
>> corrected it I still get the same error. For the record, my fstab is
>>
>> /dev/sdc2               /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
>> devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
>> tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
>> proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
>> sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
>> /dev/sdc3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
>>

>> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 15:51, you opined:
>>
>>> Dom1 /etc/fstab must be modified to mount /dev/sdc2 as / and /dev/sdc3 as
>>> swap Hope it helps.

Virtual Space International Inc.
Steven Dugway USA 206-734-HOST Canada 514-939-HOST (4678) ext 5