Re: [Xen-users] Installing modules

Hi -

Does anyone knows how to have modules installed when compiling and installing Xen as the README file is incomplete about it. I cannot simply run make module_install somwhow. I did compile the three flavors (-xen -xen0 -xenU) with iptables options BUT the modules are never installed. I am on CentOS 4-4

Any advices would be appreciated.

The recommended -xen do not even boot dom0, the dom0 boots BUT no iptables modules and likewise for the domU.

Did you try to copy /lib/modules/the-kernel-modules from your dom0 to your domUs, then depmod -a?

BTW, I usually prefer when possible to include every required modules as "build in" to avoid having to update modules of the domUs each time the dom0 kernel is released. This is particulary try ie for iptables which is used by every domU I have in production.

HTH
--
Olivier Le Cam
Département des Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication