RE: [Xen-users] Installing modules

If you're using modules, remember that you need to include the xen
netfront, blkfront drivers for DomU, and the netback, blkback for Dom0
using the "--with" on your mkinitrd command - that is of course assuming
you made these mdoules rather than built-in device drivers as is the
default.

> > BTW, I usually prefer when possible to include every
> required modules
> > as "build in" to avoid having to update modules of the
> domUs each time
> > the dom0 kernel is released. This is particulary try ie for
> iptables
> > which is used by every domU I have in production.
> >
> I did it with everything I needed compiled in AND also in a different
> version as modules but no chance, I know it is probably
> trivial BUT it
> is and no domU will boot.

Exactly what is going wrong?

Which version of Xen are you using?

As explained above, if you have built-in everything you need and a
correct configuration file for the DomU, it should be fine to boot -
getting iptables to work has nothing directly to do with Xen, although
there may be some extra work needed because network interfaces may need
to be renamed in the rules for iptables.