Re: [Xen-users] multi-CD guest install?

Hi Tom,

I have installed guests from DVD iso images with the whole
install available on the one image. That worked fine.

What if I only have multiple CD iso images (or multiple
physical CDs)? Is there a way to make the guest installer
think you've swapped CDs when it asks you to do so?

It is possible to install it from multiple iso images.
But it is not possible to change physical CDROM by this method. The function to change media by the xm command(xm block-configure) seems not to have been supported yet.
I installed it as follows.

(1) To change the install-medium, I pressed CTRL+ALT+2.
   It changes into qemu-dm console.

(2) To eject CD-ROM, I executed the following commands on Dom0 kernel.
     Dom0> eject /dev/cdrom
   I replaced the CD-ROM medium.

(3) To recognize the change of CD-ROM,
     I executed the following commands on Qemu.
     Qemu> change hdc /disc2.iso

  It was confirmed as follows that CD-ROM had been recognized.
     Qemu> info block
  hdc : type=cdrom removable=1 locked=0 file=/disc2.iso ro=1 drv=raw

(4) I pressed CTRL+ALT+1 to return to the Linux-installation.

(5) To continue Linux-installtion, I pressed OK button.

Thanks

--
Takanori Kasai