Re: [Xen-users] Install a VM's OS from Installation Source

On 19 Dec 2006 at 9:44, Thomas Miller wrote:

> Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > On 18 Dec 2006 at 21:02, Thomas Miller wrote:
> >

> >> I have looked hi and low for some detailed, Linux novice level
> >> information on how to do this.
> >>
> >> I have Xen installed using SUSE 10.2 amd64.   I have no problems booting
> >> into Xen.
> >>
> >> I would like to create 3 guest VMs, all Suse 10.2 amd64.
> >>
> >> Where should I start?  And thanks in advance.
> >>

> > What is your question? Should we tell you what you want?
> > OK, you want to read the administrator GUIDE available as HTML and PDF ;-)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ulrich
> >
> Yep been there don that.  It doesn't speak to this issue.  It explains
> how to install from CD/DVD and from and FTP source, but not from the OS
> sources already on the hard disk.  If no one wants to help me with this,

If you have copied your DVD to elsewhere, just add "elsewhere" as installation
source. I don't have 10.2 yet, but in 10.1 it worked like that. And it's not
related to XEN, do you agree?

> then I will stop asking and just assume you can't do it.

Calm down: So far, you have not told us what problem you are having exactly.
Starting to insult people here does not help you. I'm sure a lot of people will
discuss your problems in-depth for 150 Euro per hour if you prefer a
professional
service. ;-)

> My motivation is several for being so persistent.
>
> #1  I am giving a talk on VMs (both VMWare and Xen) at my users group
> meeting in Feb and would like to be prepared

But you don't expect us to prepare you, do you?

> http://en.opensuse.org/How_to_Install_a_VM%27s_OS_from_Installation_Source
> is blank.  If I am to write up this section for the wiki, I want to make
> sure that I am accurate

AFAIK it's a WIKI. Just put your comments there (discussion page, e.g.)

Then use https://bugzilla.novell.com and tell them, not us.

> programmers more info on why it is failing so it can be fixed for the
> next guy.  (I have already done this for the Samba wizard and I am
> hopeful it will be working properly in the next release).
>
> If you experts would prefer I give up on the above efforts, more then
> happy to.

???

Regards,
Ulrich