Re: inet and brd for peth0 drops in setup_bridge_port() (Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 network problem)

Le Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 12:18:37PM +0900, Toshinao Ishii
[Ishii.Toshinao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] a écrit:
[...]
> where ${dev} is the first argument. I checked these steps and I found
> that the last command `ip addr flush ${dev}` drops the properties of
> inet  and brd.
>
> According to xenwiki/XenNetworking page, peth0 should have network
> address since it comes the interface directly connected to the
> external.
> The drop of inet and brd properties may be the reason of the problem
> that Dom0 cannot communicate with the external machines.

Here, on a setup using the network-bridge topology, we have, after
starting Xen :

- eth0 in Dom0 : which has the ip address
- peth0 : the physical ethernet
- vif0.0 : the other extremity of eth0
- xenbr0 : the bridge where peth0 and vif0.0 (and the further vifX) are
  included

So, from this point of view, what you get seems quite normal.

--
Dominique Rousseau
Neuronnexion, Prestataire Internet & Intranet