Re: [Xen-users] bonding combined with network-bridge fails heartbeat cluster on dom0

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Tijl Van den Broeck" <subspawn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:13:31 +0100
  • Cc: Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:13:26 -0800

On 12/20/06, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19 Dec 2006 at 15:55, Tijl Van den Broeck wrote:

> When setting up heartbeat for several dom0's for usage of EVMS on
> SLES10 I've hit a problem. Bonding with network-bridge was solved with
> a custom network script from someone of the list:
>
> bond-network-script:
> #!/bin/sh
> dir=$(dirname "$0")
> "$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=bond0

I did not manage to get a stable bridge networking with bonding and SLES10 that
way. Maybe tell us which bonding mode you are using at least.

I've tested it using mode 1 and mode 5. The NIC's are HP NetXtreme II
BCM5708S Gigabit ethernet's if it's relevant.

I did have some issues inside the domU's now you mention it, I had to
"fix" the gateway's arp table entry with a tiny bootup script, since
it appears receive a corrupted arp entry. After that fix: everything
works stable, failover works and speed is as good as it gets.

Thinking about that fix, it could be arp in dom0 gets corrupt as well,
so I tested adding fixed arp entries in my heartbeat dom0's... but
still, heartbeat goes down if I bring up the xen networking. Other IP
traffic works just fine.