Re: [Xen-users] Problem with WinXP install. Can start but not connect via vnc

Am Mittwoch, den 20.12.2006, 16:04 +0000 schrieb Ryan Worsley:
> Hi Benny,
>
> Benny Pfitzner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I run debian etch with xen packages provided by debian. They are running
> > fine.
> > Today I tryed to install Windows XP. Here is my config:
> > kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/boot/hvmloader"
> > builder = 'hvm'
> > memory = 512
> > name = "winxp"
> > vcpus = 1
> > vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
> > disk = [ 'file://vserver/images/domains/winxp/winxp.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]
> > device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
> > #cdrom='/dev/hda'
> > cdrom='/vserver/images/domains/winxp/winxp.iso'
> >
> The cdrom= lines had no effect for me, I think they're obsolete now or
> something, instead I have a disk line that looks like this;
>
> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sys_vg/windows_os,ioemu:hda,w',
> 'file:/vserver/images/domains/winxp/winxp.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

Thank you very much Ryan,

you are totally right. They changed it in version 3.0.3.

I added vncviewer=1 and sdl=1 to my configfile and started the domain
again.

Then I automatically I got vncviewer running my WinXP install screen.
After formatting the image and so on Windows want's to reboot.

Since then I don't have connection to the domain.

I posted my netstat -l output here because I just can't find the port:
http://pastebin.ca/raw/286397

My logs don't show anything regarding vnc.
Here is the output of the most recent qemu-log:
domid: 7
qemu: the number of cpus is 1
shared page at pfn:1ffff, mfn: 1d24b
buffered io page at pfn:1fffd, mfn: 1d24d

Here I posted the last couple of lines from the xend.log file.
http://pastebin.ca/286403

Thanks Ben