[Xen-users] drivers organisation

I try to understand how drivers are organised after compiling XEN 3.0.3 source code. Normally, for a given kernel, let X, drivers are located in /lib/modules/<X>/kernel/drivers

When building two kernels, xen0 and xenU I have driver files in /lib/modules/2.6.16.29-xen0/kernel/drivers:
|---------------------------------------
./acpi:
ac.ko         battery.ko  fan.ko       processor.ko  toshiba_acpi.ko
asus_acpi.ko  button.ko   ibm_acpi.ko  thermal.ko    video.ko

./char:
agp  drm

./char/agp:
agpgart.ko  amd64-agp.ko

./char/drm:
drm.ko  mga.ko  r128.ko  radeon.ko  sis.ko  tdfx.ko
----------------------------------------|

and driver files in /lib/modules/2.6.16.29-xenU/kernel/drivers:
|-----------------------------------------
./atm:
atmtcp.ko

./block:
cryptoloop.ko  floppy.ko  loop.ko  nbd.ko

./bluetooth:
hci_uart.ko  hci_vhci.ko

./cdrom:
cdrom.ko

./md:
dm-crypt.ko   dm-snapshot.ko  multipath.ko  raid1.ko  xor.ko
dm-mirror.ko  dm-zero.ko      raid0.ko      raid5.ko
dm-mod.ko     linear.ko       raid10.ko     raid6.ko

./net:
appletalk  eql.ko  netconsole.ko   ppp_generic.ko  ppp_synctty.ko  wireless
bonding    irda    ppp_async.ko    pppoe.ko        slhc.ko
dummy.ko   mii.ko  ppp_deflate.ko  pppox.ko        tun.ko

./net/appletalk:
ipddp.ko

./net/bonding:
bonding.ko

./net/irda:
act200l-sir.ko  girbil-sir.ko    ma600-sir.ko       sir-dev.ko
actisys-sir.ko  irtty-sir.ko     mcp2120-sir.ko     tekram-sir.ko
esi-sir.ko      litelink-sir.ko  old_belkin-sir.ko

./net/wireless:
atmel.ko

./scsi:
osst.ko      scsi_transport_fc.ko   sd_mod.ko  sr_mod.ko
scsi_mod.ko  scsi_transport_spi.ko  sg.ko      st.ko
---------------------------------------|

With respect to SATA, I see only their driver files in the xenU subtree.

I also see two .config files, one in xen/linux-2.6.16.29-xen0 and one in xen/linux-2.6.16.29-xenU.
The first one has options on SATA as follows

CONFIG_SCSI_SATA=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_AHCI=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_SVW=y
CONFIG_SCSI_ATA_PIIX=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_MV=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_NV=y

and the second one has these ones:

CONFIG_SCSI_SATA=m

Now, could someone please explain me how these config/driver files are bound to each other? With the above config files (they're default settings), should SATA work correctly? If I need to change a config option, where should I do it? In both config files or just one of them?

thanks for any explanation (and sorry for the long post)
Armand