[Xen-users] best guest disk performance?

We'll soon be turning the machine we've been doing testing with into a
production
system designed primarily to provide several different linux distributions as
HVM guests
for us to use to build and test our software under different flavors of linux.

As build systems, they will be doing lots and lots of disk writes compiling
stuff.

There appear to be about a gazillion different ways to setup the disks for the
guests, and I'm wondering if anyone has any performance numbers saying which
one is best?