RE: [Xen-users] best guest disk performance?

  • To: "Tom Horsley" <tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:06:57 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:10:20 -0800

There's probably many variants that will make some small difference, but
I'd say Para-Virtual drivers are a must for good HVM disk performance.
Whether you then connect the virtual disk to a partition, LVM volume,
file or otherwise will be of much more minor importance, because that's
going to give you the 1.1x or 1.5x performance improvement, while the
former probably delivers in the region of 3x performance boost.

--
Mats