[Xen-users] fedora core 6 domU on Opensuse 10.2 dom0 - fsck at each boot

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:20:43 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:20:38 -0800

Hi,
I bootstrapped fedora with yum, and everything seems to work fine.

I have only one problem: the installed fedora system always wants to
make a filesystem check for the root file system on /dev/xvda1, on
every start and reboot.

The system boots and runs fine with no other errors in any log, no
matter if I answer y or n on the fsck question at bootup.

Seems like it could be solved by looking at fedora init scripts line
by line, but this could take some while -  maybe I am not the only one
who had that problem.

Are there better ways to install Fedora on Suse than using yum?
Rpmstrap sounded nice for a while, but seems completely outdated and
not further developed anymore.
Anaconda is really heavy, I want something simpole tazt installs into
a directory, but i could try to boot it and let anaconda do the
install just as on fedora dom0 if nothing else works.

Henning