Re: [Xen-users] Xen/Windows on AMD; use of PCI / USB

> since I found, that AMD is suitable to work with Windows on Xen, the
> additional question for the use of physical PCI / USB Devices by the
> Windows-guest.

Passing PCI devices through to Windows guests won't work, and probably won't
work for the forseeable future (really, you'd want IOMMU hardware for this to
work, and "normal" x86 systems don't have this hardware).

You might be able to pass USB devices through from dom0 by configuring the
attached devices appropriately...  Vanilla Qemu can pass USB devices through
to its guests, so maybe the Qemu device models can also do this...

USB is fundamentally easier to pass through to guests, which is why its
available and PCI passthrough is not.

Hope that helps some, sorry for not being more specific.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!