Re: [Xen-users] xen kernel and e1000 problem

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 20:44 -0800, Matt Richardson wrote:
> On 12/26/06, GÃmes GÃza <geza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Etch, Xen 3.0/kernel 2.6.18. What should be noted with the bridged setup
> > in Debian you don't try to activate the interfaces at all, just the
> > bridges you've configured on them.
> >
> > Good Luck!
> >
> > Geza
>
> Can you describe this a little more?  I noticed this behavior last
> week after installing Etch/Xen.  I couldn't get any networking until I
> brought up a DomU, which in turn brought up the bridge.

Are you guys using the default network-bridge script? I have systems up
with your configuration but can't duplicate your problems.. my guess is
that's the root of it.

Please let me know :) I'm about to take a whole rack of blades from
sarge to etch.. and I'm thinking Ubuntu is the safest bet at this point.

Nothing has changed in the related packages (as far as I can tell).. so
something is really weird.

Best,
-Tim