Re: [Xen-users] iptables in dom0 with bridge: no more outbound connections

Quoting Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>:
Peter Fokkinga wrote:
[...]
Now for the real spooky part:
 1. I booted into dom0 (no xend)
 2. executed `telnet 129.125.14.12 daytime`, it works
 3. started xend
 4. executed `telnet 129.125.14.12 daytime`, it still works (surprise!)
 5. executed `telnet 129.125.14.13 daytime`, it does not work
DNS cache, I think.

But I'm using ip adresses, not names? I don't see how DNS fits in
this picture.

It's been discussed before: I haven't had a chance to pursue it,
myself. Basically, after you start Xend, traffic going *out* from Dom0
goes through peth0, as near as I can tell, not eth0.

Ok, but why is iptables interfering? I'm not refering to eth0 in
my rules. If I flush iptables after starting Xend everything is fine,
troubles start the moment I re-activate the rules.

I get the feeling iptables does not remember its state, so my rule
  iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
has no effect. Kernel modules xt_state and ip_conntrack are loaded.

Peter