[Xen-users] Re: HELP PLEASE !! How to Recover deleted img file?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Radu Stanescu" <radukn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:39:55 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 05:39:48 -0800

Hewh!

I did it! I recovered my img file! :D  Ext3 doesn't permite undelete, but hopefully xen mount img file as loop devices so doing a "losetup -a" will show xen mounted devices then with dd you can recover from the /dev/loopXX to a img file. It is recommended to stop on the domU all daemons that could write anything to the hdd while doing the dd. after recovery, fsck the recovered file and recreate the vm from the recovered file.

Thank you very much for you help guys!