[Xen-users] What could be the communication channels between xen and guest os?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "aditya shevalkar" <adi4group@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:31:27 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:01:16 -0800

Hi all,

   In case of Full Virtualization:
   What are the communication channels between the Xen VMM side and guest OS?
   Also what are the limitations on this communication for data volume,speed
   problem etc. on this issue on theoritical ground?
   What could be the security issues for this communication channels?
   I know little about Event channel and xenstore but it is not enough and I am not able to relate it with above questions.
   What could be the possibilities if we want to implement some new or tailor made interfaces for
   the communication between xen and VM(May be on the VM side if their is any service process on guest OS side.)?
  Sorry if it seems a lot of questions put together.

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Shevalkar.