Re: [Xen-users] Xen on K6 processors

Hi Mats,

Le mardi 13 février 2007, Petersson, Mats a écrit :
> [...]

I compiled Xen by myself using march=k6-3, to match the processor. I am sure
K7 is i686 compatible, but not about K6-III.

> Do you by any chance have a serial port - in which case you should add
> "console=com1 com1=115200,8n1" to the kernel line in grub.conf. (that's
> the line with xen.gz on it).
> If not, perhaps you can get more info with the "noreboot" option on the
> kernel line for Xen - that way it won't just get back to the boot-rom
> when it crashes.

I actually have a serial console, what I forgot to mention in my previous
email, is that, the box crashes when it attempts to start a dom0. To be more
specific, I use a modified cobalt-rom, which is the bootloader which had not
multiboot capabilities before (thus my post some weeks ago), but is now able
to run the xen hypervisor + dom0 kernel.

> Adding "sync_console" may also help, particularly if you're using serial
> port (as will "noreboot").

I was not aware of that options, but I will have a try to see whether it
improves the stability of the box.