[Xen-devel] Question about using zero-copy for disk I/O in Xen.

Hello,

I have an impression the zero-copy technology is frequently tied up with network I/O. Recently I found people in Xen community start talking zero-copy for disk I/O as well (e.g. scsi front-end/back-end driver and blktap in Xen). So is there any difference for zero-copy between disk I/O and network I/O? O_DIRECT can be used to eliminate the kernel buffer copy, isn't it counted as part of zero-copy for disk I/O?

Thanks,

Liang