Re: [Xen-users] a quick live migration question.

  • To: "Jerry Amundson" <jamundso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Chris Fanning" <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:03:01 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:02:12 -0800

thanks for getting back jerry

I suspect both, sort of... dom0 to dom0 for the migration, then at
completion the domU will want to be on on the same net it was
originally, right?

I'm thinking about the servers with two network interfaces. one on an
internal dom0 management network, and another on an external network,
like the xen documentation recommends.

So, if I understand it, that means you can setup domU's with just one
interface (via a xenbr on the external network), and dom0's without
using a bridge on the internal network interface. dom0's manage live
migration and domU's are unaware of the internal network.

Is that correct? It would certainly make things like dom0 nfsroot easier.

Cheers,
Chris.

> Hi,
>
> In a bridge setup, do all dom0's and domU's need to be on the same L2
> network, or only the dom0's?

I suspect both, sort of... dom0 to dom0 for the migration, then at
completion the domU will want to be on on the same net it was
originally, right?

jerry

--
"Oh joy! Rapture! I've got a brain"