Re: [Xen-users] Measuring overall CPU utlization

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Carb, Brian A" <Brian.Carb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:50:18 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:49:37 -0800

> Quoting "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hello, all.  I've done some googling and searching the Xen User
> > archives but don't see how to measure overall CPU utilization.

We have a similar need to determine overall CPU utilization on a server that's running xen (such as sar can do when run in a non-xen environment). We understand that xenmon and xentop show the utilization for each domain, but how can we add these individual domain values together to get an overall host server utilization, especially when the individual values sometimes exceed 100%. We're looking for a single value that describes how much of the host server is being used by all the domains including dom0.

Thanks

Brian Carb - Unisys Corporation - Malvern, PA