RE: [Xen-users] Desynchronize clock

Petersson, Mats wrote:
> [...]

Ah, good point.  Unfortunately, the guest is Windows, so there is no
/proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock setting inside the HVM.  What I
need is a way to tell domU which domains should be given access to the
system or hardware clocks.

In a recent, related post, someone said that for HVMs, "Dom0 time has
no bearing to the guest's time."  However, every time I reboot the
Windows HVM it has the correct time.  Since I've disabled network-based
time synch inside the Windows HVM, I have to assume it's getting the
time from either dom0's system clock or from the hardware clock on the
motherboard, no?

Steve Brueckner, ATC-NY