RE: [Xen-users] Desynchronize clock

On 7 Mar 2007 at 13:10, Steve Brueckner wrote:

> In a recent, related post, someone said that for HVMs, "Dom0 time has
> no bearing to the guest's time."  However, every time I reboot the
> Windows HVM it has the correct time.  Since I've disabled network-based
> time synch inside the Windows HVM, I have to assume it's getting the
> time from either dom0's system clock or from the hardware clock on the
> motherboard, no?

Hi!

I know it does not help you, but in VMware I see exactly the same: When
starting a
VM, the time displayed is correct, but when you don't have "VMware tools set up
for time sync", the clock is back half an hour or so within a few hours.

A have a historical problem with clocks displaying the wrong time ;-)

It's an important issue that should be fixed.

Regards,
Ulrich